Saturday, September 10, 2011

Fluffernutter Cookies - Only Three Ingredients!


There was a time I didn't know what Fluffernuters were.  In fact that time was as recently as last week.  I kept seeing people talk about it, and I would scratch my head and shrug.  Traditionally, a fluffernutter is a sandwich that is made with peanut butter and marshmallow fluff (or marshmallow cream if you don't have the specific brand).  It sounded wonderful, and I nearly made one for myself with some leftover marshmallow cream that I had, but then I saw this recipe over at Picky Palate.

I was skeptical. Only three ingredients?  How will that even work?  What if they are just an oozy mess?  Maybe I should try adding something else?  In the end, I decided to give it a shot.  I didn't have QUITE a full cup of the marshmallow cream, but even so they turned out delicious.

Fluffernutter Cookies!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup marshmallow cream
  • 1 cup peanut butter 
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and put to the side.
  3. Mix the egg, marshmallow cream, and peanut butter  until just combined.  You want to have a nice marbling in the marshmallow cream.
  4. Scoop the dough onto the pan with a cookie scoop leaving about an inch or two between the cookies.
  5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Watch out for the browning of the peaks to prevent burning.  The cookies may be fairly gooey when you take them out, but they will set as they cool.
  6. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes before you transfer them to a cooling rack (and try not to eat them all while moving them to the rack!).
Yields 15 to 18 cookies depending on scoop size.

No comments:

Post a Comment