Friday, August 26, 2011

Creamy Zucchini Shrimp Pasta

This dish was supposed to use couscous instead of pasta, but somewhere along the way I forgot (oops).  Maybe it's because we have a hurricane heading our way, and my mind is on that.  Maybe I forgot to look at the "Meals for the Week" list that's tacked up on the cork board.  Either way my boyfriend enjoyed it, and all but demanded that I write down the recipe since it wasn't one that I had found online.  Without further adieu...

Creamy Zucchini Shrimp Pasta

Note: The zucchini I used was mostly chopped pretty finely which allowed it to cook into a creamy texture. There were a few pieces that were cut into wedge slices.  It was like this because I had been making cookies with it, and chopped up most of it before I realized I had too much.  Still it made the dish pretty interesting.

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups of zucchini, mostly chopped fine with a few pieces sliced as described above
  • 6 oz of medium-large (41/60) cooked shrimp, tails off, deveined
  • 1/2 cup lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 2 tbsp unsalted butter
  • 1 cup rotini pasta
  • Sea salt, ground red pepper, and lemon pepper to taste
  • Parmesan cheese for topping - optional
Directions:
  1. Melt butter in large pan over low heat.
  2. Once butter is melted, add zucchini and saute until soft
  3. Add seasonings and stir
  4. Add lemon juice and heavy cream. 
  5. Add shrimp and mix well. Simmer for about 4 minutes. 
  6. Once sauce is lightly bubbling, thick, and hot, remove from heat.
  7. Cook pasta per box directions. Drain pasta and add back to the pot you cooked it in.
  8. Combine the zucchini and shrimp sauce to the pasta and mix until the pasta is covered in the sauce.
  9. Top with a little bit of the Parmesan cheese if desired.
Serves 2

No comments:

Post a Comment